A Blog-u-mentary
about one family's experience moving from a
tropical Caribbean paradise
to another type of paradise in the
heart of Provence.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A Giants Triomphe

Hummmm baby - New meaning to Arc de Triomphe
PARIS - I found myself in the City of Light on the day the San Francisco Giants won their first World Series since they moved to the West Coast. The Tuesday morning crowds along the Champs Des Elysees were probably a bit more subdued in their reaction than the throngs that jammed Market Street in the City by the Bay at about 11PM or so their time (yes, it was about that time judging by the stream of text and calls that starting coming in on my cell phone), but I did see a couple of the black-and-orange wearing faithful wandering about with subtle smiles.
I am bummed I didn't get to see a game in the playoffs - I sold my Game 1 ticket, and was torn the rest of the Series since I had tickets for game 7, too. Luckily or unluckily, depending on your point of view, the Giants wrapped it up in 5 games so I didn't get out of Paris. Not a bad place to be stuck, mind you, and I have to consider myself pretty fortunate for having experienced two of the world's greatest cities in such a parallel way on this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment